My introduction to the Sugar Tinted Lip Treatments was via a sampler gift set a few years ago and it was one of my favourite presents that Christmas. Since then I’ve repeatedly bought the full sized versions in various shades and will continue to do so. In other words, for me, they’re a beauty staple.
Here’s why I love them so much:
1. They have a broad spectrum SPF.
2. Their candied scent is so lovely and an instant mood lifter.
3. The shades are universally flattering and very easy to wear. Even the darker colours aren’t intimidating as they’re buildable tints.
4. Their texture is creamy and moisturising.
5. They can be used as cream blushes. This is a tip from makeup artist Mary Greenwell and they actually do both jobs better than a lot of intended lip/blush products.
6. They have screw on lids which stay on securely regardless of how knocked about they get in your bag.
They really do contain sugar which helps keep lips moist and other ingredients include meadowfoam, blackcurrant seed and grapeseed oils. All this moisturising power makes them a good choice for people whose lips dry out from regular lipsticks.
The Sugar Lip Love Story contains 9 mini bullets which includes 7 shades and the 2 clear balms mentioned above.
Another couple of shades I really like but aren’t included in the set are Petal and Berry:
I think it’s fair to say that Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments have earned cult beauty status – once tried people stay loyal to them and recommend them to others. I expect that now Fresh products can easily be bought online they’re going to become even more popular.